- my family's good health
- a new home, which gives us the stability and security we have been seeking for two years
- secure, family-friendly jobs for both myself and my husband
- a school community that supports us as a family would
- close ties to family, in spite of the great distances that separate us
- friends who have rallied round as we prepare to move house
- and hopefully, good weather for the big move tomorrow.
As traumatic as her birth was for both of us, I am also grateful for it. It changed the course of my life, leading me to meet some of the most amazing women I know, leading me to take more responsibility for my own parenting decisions and healthcare choices, leading me to support other women during their journey to motherhood. It made me a stronger person.
Happiest of birthdays to my dear daughter, Eva.